Our client is looking for a Senior General Accountant for their small Insurance subsidiary.
The role reports directly to the subsidiary President.
The position is responsible for all finance and accounting functions, including: management of A/R, A/P, maintenance of G/L, cash reconciliations, trust funds, claims escrow funds, statutory remittances, monthly financial statement, and budget preparation; as well as quarterly reporting to the parent company.
• Review/Prepare Invoices
• Update, reconcile, and track supporting schedules
• Monitor multiple bank accounts, record receipts, reconcile Cash Sheets to supporting schedules
• Review and pay weekly, monthly, and quarterly expenses
• Month-end entries and G/L reconciliations
• Roll forward, update, and prepare Financial Statement Review with comparatives and analysis of fees received and expenses incurred
• Monthly intercompany reconciliations
• Monthly account reconciliations
• Quarterly reporting
• Year-end preparation and analysis
• Annual Budget preparation and analysis
• Post secondary education with CPA designation, or equivalent
• Excellent organization skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Minimum 5 years experience working in corporate finance
• Experience in the insurance industry a strong asset
• Communication skills – superior oral and written communication skills required
• Computer skills – proficiency in accounting software, Microsoft Excel and Word required. MAS90 experience an asset.
• Demonstrated self-management skills and ability to work independently toward requirements.